Monday, May 14, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog about my garden(s).  It's now May 14th, 2012 but I started my garden this year in February.  It's been warm this winter and the ground has been ready to work early this year. 

For the next few weeks I'm going to be starting to play catch-up on this blog and get you up to speed on what has been going on.  Most of the vegetable garden is planted and I have started a new section of garden for perennial plants.

My neighbor and I have each had gardens in the past years.  Each year we fought the same battle...critters.  Deer and groundhogs have been the worst violators, but I have been seeing a few bunnies and a rather large fox around recently.  About halfway through the seasons we had given up the fight and the garden went to them, reaping us little reward.

So two years ago we combined our efforts to one garden.  We figure that with the two of us we can fight a better battle against the garden violators! 

Last year worked out great except our battle was with Mother nature.  She gave us so much rain that our seed rotted in the ground we were forced to replant.  Unfortunately she won and our crops of beans and corn never really survived.

This year I WILL NOT FAIL!!!  I got out my garden books, made a plan, measured, plotted on graph paper and drove everyone crazy with my planning!  So far so good.  Plants are in, seeds are in and fence is going up.  I feel good about the plan!  Of course I tweeked it several times, but that's to be expected.

So stay tuned.  I've planted some standard garden faire and then some experimental plants.  Can't hurt to try, they may turn out to be something we like!

Stay Tuned.....



No comments:

Post a Comment