Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Why the name Rock Hill Gardens....

Rock Hill Gardens.  If I could make money growing rocks I'd be rich beyond compare!  We till and till and the garden looks fantastic.  Then it rains.....and then they show up.  The rocks!  They weren't there before and just appear.  Sigh.... 

I have pulled bucket loads out of the garden and have to just realize that I'm not going to win.  No matter what I do there will always be rocks.  They don't hurt the plants or growing, although I planted potatoes this year and I expect some interesting shapes due to rock, but they beat up the tiller!

I'm hoping that the compost and other natural compost I put in will help diminish the rock situation...hopeful but maybe not practial.  We shall see.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Well if it makes you feel any better, I worked on my yard -- no garden, just landscaping -- and I found forks! I blame the neighbor kid next door, but it was weird to keep finding them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing what you find in the ground! I did find a slotted serving spoon, all bent up, and some other discarded metal items. Where I put the garden is near the property line with my neighbor who I share the plot with and I guess the old owners must have just dumped stuff there instead of throwing it out. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete